Re: [xml] Error on including and importing schemas already parsed

Nope, looks like your problem is different.  This appears to be an incomplete or just an unsure implementation.  The code that is causing it is in xmlschemas.c, just a different location:

           /*
            * Chameleons: the original target namespace will
            * differ from the resulting namespace.
            */
            isChameleon = 1;
            if (bucket->parsed &&
                (bucket->targetNamespace != pctxt->targetNamespace)) {
                /*
                * This is a sanity check, I dunno yet if this can happen.
                */
                PERROR_INT("xmlSchemaParseIncludeOrRedefine",
                    "trying to use an already parsed schema for a "
                    "different targetNamespace");
                return(-1);
            }

Obviously the comment says it all.  Your case shows this can happen and from the XML Schema Part 1: Structures document

Your case is the last where no namespace is in the included schema.  So it should allow a generic schema with no targetNamespace to be pulled into the current document's targetNamespace.

The problem will be to implement pulling the same file into multiple namespaces which is what it really seems to be complaining about.  I'm not familiar enough with the code yet to know if it is as simple as pulling this check out to fix, and if that may create any wierd redefinition problems as the xml file is parsed against common.xsd in different namespaces at the same time.

Hopefully this helps :)

Jason

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Luke Robison <robison arlut utexas edu> wrote:

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 20:53 -0500, Oblivian wrote:
> And I was so busy getting the test cases and patch done, I didn't
> check today's list threads:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2009-March/msg00007.html
>
> Seems related too...

Indeed it does seem related.  I tried applying your patch to my 2.7.3
code, and while it fixed your test case, it fails to fix mine.  Glad I
could provide another corner case :-).

-Luke

Luke Robison
robison arlut utexas edu
Applied Research Laboratories: University of Texas
Engineering Scientist Associate