[xml] Comments droped when inside tag

Hi,

I have a problem related to comments while using mod_proxy_html (version
3.0.1) with libxml2 (version 2.7.6).
The problem consists in dropping some comments from HTML code while parsing
for URL rewrite.
Having a short look in code, I suspect the unexpected behaviour comes from
libxml, but I am not 100% sure, please forgive the out of topic comment, if
no so.

When having an HTML document in form:

   <head>
      ..
      <!--[if lte IE 6]>
            <link href="..." rel="StyleSheet" type="text/css" media="all" />
      <![endif]-->
      <script type="text/javascript" src="..."></script>
       <!--[if lte IE 6]>
              <script type="text/javascript" src="..."></script>
       <![endif]-->
  </head>

After parsing with SAX, the first comment is dropped, only the comment found
as last child in the <head> element is preserved.
Does anyone know if dropping comments inside tags, is a problem related to
libxml?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
Lia Domide.