Re: [xml] adjusting the indent level

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 2:41 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 05:10:39PM -0700, Aaron Patterson wrote:
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Aaron Patterson
<aaron patterson gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to adjust the indenting level when using xmlSaveToIO()?
 I've set xmlIndentTreeOutput to 1, set the xmlTreeIndentString, and
made sure to enable XML_SAVE_FORMAT in the options, but none of this
seems to help.  Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

The code I have right now is like this:

 xmlIndentTreeOutput = 1;
 xmlTreeIndentString = "---------------";

 xmlSaveCtxtPtr savectx = xmlSaveToIO(
     (xmlOutputWriteCallback)io_write_callback,
     (xmlOutputCloseCallback)io_close_callback,
     (void *)io,
     NULL,
     options
 );

 xmlSaveTree(savectx, node);
 xmlSaveClose(savectx);

Nevermind!  It works fine.  I just had blank text nodes in my tree
that disabled the formatting.

 Ah, okay, but again this is a global variable, I guess a setting in
the xmlSaveCtxtPtr would be way better,

Yes, that would be nice.  I see there are some settings in the
xmlSaveCtxt struct, but that struct is private.

Thank you for the excellent library!

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/