[xml] Parsiing question

Hello,

I am trying to make use of Libxml's sax interfaces . I however ran into a few constraints which I hoped , someone could clear.

Following are the constraints

1. I am porting libxml to a target that does not have C filesystem support.
In other words, I cannot make use of calls such as xmlSAXUserParseFile(FileName)
Also , I cannot use the same function with the memory option as I do not want to load the entire file in memory.
The only capablity that my platform has is that of a FileStream object that can do FILE * like operations such as seek , read etc

2.  I would want to use SAX to parse my xml

I was looking at the API definition and was wondering if this API

Function: xmlReadIO

xmlDocPtr	xmlReadIO		(xmlInputReadCallback ioread,
xmlInputCloseCallback ioclose,
void * ioctx,
const char * URL,
const char * encoding,
int options)

 would work.

Can this API be used in conjunction with the SAX methodology? In other words, If i am able to supply the callbacks for read and close , will I still be getting SAX callbacks  ( such as StartElement , EndElement etc ).

I was wondering if someone can help me clarify this and provide an example usage with SAX.
Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks