[xml] SAX Parsing continues though namespace constaint is violated

Hi

While parsing the following xml file with SAX Parsing I receive all the SAX Event though it does not satisfy the namespace specification

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<ns1:root xmlns:ns2="uri1" xmlns:ns3="uri2"/>

In the above file ns1 is not declared which violates the Namespace constraint:

"The namespace prefix, unless it is xml or xmlns, MUST have been declared in a namespace declaration attribute in either the start-tag of

the element where the prefix is used or in an ancestor element"

Libxml simply gives the warning and continues to give SAX events.

My question is why violation of this constraint is considered as a warning not as a fatal error?

Thanks and Regards

       Rabi