Re: [xml] Regression Testing Questions - Starting over

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 08:52:22AM -0800, Rush Manbert wrote:
I now know that my previous problems were because I was trying to run
configure in a directory other than the distribution directory.

  ah, yes no chance that will work !

I can now run all 4 of the test programs and all (?) of the tests that
make will run, and they all seem to pass. Some of the tests run by make
generate a lot of error output, but the make does not fail.

So I guess my real question is how do I get the best test coverage?

Right now I am doing the following:
./configure
make
make runtests
make testall

because that seems to run all of the available tests, even though it
also seems to have some overlap.

Are runtests and testall the targets to use?

I would say use:  make check
I try to get as much coverage as possible that way.

there are overlaps between the various test commands, yes
see also 'configure --with-coverage' and 'make cov' if you
have a recent gcc, lcov and genhtml on your platform (works on
some linuxes)

Daniel