Re: [xml] xmlReadMemory : error "Extra content at the end of the document"

Having streamed the std::string content (the Xml) to file in Debug mode and
Release mode, I have found that the Xml in Debug mode is ok (as I knew) BUT
in Release mode the Xml string has the following HEX characters appended at
the end:

0x50 0x41 0x44 0xD0 0x03 0x34

!!!  Unless I find a reason for this I will just have to check for it and
strip these extra PADing chars off.

Andrew Hartley wrote:

I have written a DLL with a large (size = 1318109 chars) XML stored as a
resource.  I read the XML into a std::string and load it with a call to
xmlReadMemory:

xmlDocPtr pXmlDoc = xmlReadMemory(sXml, sXml.length(), "xml", NULL, 0);

This works fine in Debug mode.  But when I switch to Release mode I get
NULL returned and the error text is "Extra content at the end of the
document".

I have tried parsing the std::string content into a char*, and setting the
argv[3] to "UTF-8":

             int nLen = (int)sXml.size();
      char* pszContent        = new char[nLen +2];

      strcpy_s(pszContent, nLen +2, sXml.c_str());
      pszContent[nLen]                = '\n';
      pszContent[nLen +1]     = '\0';

      xmlDocPtr pXmlDoc = xmlReadMemory(pszContent, nLen, "xml", "UTF-8", 0);

      delete[] pszContent;
      pszContent = NULL;

But I still get the same error!

I have not resorted to attempting to debug through LibXml2 yet, and would
appreciate any advice.