Re: [xml] xsltproc Error: I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/docbook.xsl

Ben Aurel wrote:
hi
I've already tried this with no success. If I just leave --nonet out
then the command looks like:

   xsltproc --stringparam html.stylesheet "./docbook-xsl.css"
--stringparam callout.graphics 0
   --stringparam navig.graphics 0  --stringparam admon.textlabel 1
--stringparam
   admon.graphics 0  "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/xhtml.xsl"
"/../source-highlight-filter.xml"
   >"source-highlight-filter.html"

.. and then the command hangs

If I leave out " --nonet "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/xhtml.xsl", the
command looks like

Note that "/etc/asciidoc/docbook-xsl/xhtml.xsl" is not part of the --nonet option--it is the argument to xsltproc that specifies the XSLT stylesheet. Since you omitted the stylesheet from your command, xsltproc tried to treat your input XML file as a stylesheet, with the result that it couldn't compile your XML as a transform. Omit only the --nonet option, not the string specifying the path the the XSLT file.

   xsltproc --stringparam html.stylesheet "./docbook-xsl.css"
--stringparam callout.graphics
   0         --stringparam navig.graphics 0  --stringparam
admon.textlabel 1 --stringparam
   admon.graphics 0   "/../source-highlight-filter.xml"
"source-highlight-filter.html"

... and the answer is:

   compilation error: file /../source-highlight-filter.xml line 4 element
   articlexsltParseStylesheetProcess : document is not a stylesheet

this is how looks like:

  1 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  2 <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";>
  3
  4 <article lang="en">
  5 <articleinfo>
  6     <title>Source Code Highlight Filter</title>
  7

Strange ...

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Roumen Petrov
I have some problems with the asciidoc conversion from txt to xhtml.
Here's the asciidoc command:
[SNIP]
xsltproc              --stringparam html.stylesheet
"./docbook-xsl.css" --stringparam callout.graphics 0
--stringparam navig.graphics 0         --stringparam admon.textlabel 1
       --stringparam admon.graphics 0 --nonet
[SNIP]
Either remove --nonet flag or install docbook on the host and register it
into xml catalog.

Roumen

--
Chuck Bearden (cbearden rice edu ; 713.348.3661)
XML Engineer, Connexions