Re: [xml] problem using xmlTextReaderName ?

On Nov 2, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Francesco Gennai wrote:

> I'm new to XML and LIBXML.
> LIBXML 2.6-4 in OpenVMS environment.
> I'm doing some simple tests, but I have a strange problem.
>
> I get the error:
>
> I/O error : No such file or directory

This sounds vaguely familiar, though of course a lot of different
things could have similar symptoms.  I think when this happened to me
it was looking for a catalog file in /usr/local or some such place
that naturally doesn't exist on VMS. There are most likely various
build-time and/or run-time configuration options that would let you
either avoid looking for a catalog file or make sure it finds one in
an appropriate place, but I don't remember those off the top of my head.

Well,
set watch file/class=major didn't show the file that caused the error,
but I have inserted in xmIO.c  a  printf  (around xmlFileOpen_real )
and I discovered the name of file causing the error: file:///etc/xml/catalog

So, you was right.

I have disabled the use of CATALOG by changing

#if 1 #define LIBXML_CATALOG_ENABLED
#endif

in
#if 0
#define LIBXML_CATALOG_ENABLED
#endif

in XMLVERSION.H
under [.include.libxml]

Now it works fine (for what I need).

Thank you to have pointed me to the right solution.
Francesco

If you have a privileged account and want to know for sure what file
it can't find, do:

$ set watch file/class=major
$ run <your program>
$ set watch file/class=none