[xml] Return type of the xpath query during the compilation of xpath

Hi ,
I want to know is there any way in libxml xpath to come to know the return type of the xpath query. I know that there is a way to determine the return type of the xpath query after evaluation but for my purpose I want to know this return type at compilation time . If there is no way then can any point to me how it can be done in libxml xpath.

Thanks.
Regards,
Umesh