Re: [xml] Newline handling

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 04:22:58PM +0200, Piotr Gaczkowski wrote:
Hello!

I'm new to the list and I wanted to ask about
xmlTextWriter/xmlOutputBuffer interface.

As I see it, both interfaces handle newline translation. I'd like to
transfer binary data through it, though, and I'd like to turn the
translation off. Is it supported?

binary data in XML is impossible in general. And even if the xmlTextWriter
did not tweak newline on output any conformant XML parser will normalize
at parse time, it's mandatory from the spec
  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-line-ends
You're trying to use the wrong tool, read the spec. Or UUencode your
data.

Daniel