Re: [xml] query on xmlSetDocCompressMode

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 07:35:43PM +0530, Senthil Nathan wrote:
Hi All,
I have been using libxml for a while and recently came up with a memory
usage problem for the xmlDocPtr.

So, tried using the compression as,
    xmlSetDocCompressMode(m_domTree, 9);

But looks like there is no change in the memory usage.

  That doesn't it just related to compressing when saving XML back.

So, I would like to know, how could we optimize the memory usage of
xmlDocPtr in libxml.

  use the xmlRead* routines for parsing which will try to compact
strings and use a dictionnary.

Daniel