Re: [xml] Why some XHTML related tests fail with HTTP support disabled?

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:50:33PM +0300, Leonid Romanov wrote:
I wonder why did they fail? My assumptions are following:

- "--with-html" option enables HTML4 tag soup parser.
- XHTML is just an XML vocabulary for HTML, so parsing it only requires XML
parser.

Under these assumptions, enabling/disabling HTTP support should have no
effect on
XHTML tests. However, its not the case. Could anyone explain, please, whats
going on here:
are my assumptions wrong or there is some other reason why they fail?

  There is some XHTML specific knowledge in the XML serializer if HTML
support is compiled in, see xhtmlNodeDumpOutput and others in xmlsave.c
as well as the specific rules at http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#guidelines

Daniel