Re: [xml] Regular Expression Problem

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 06:05:29PM +0100, Bjorn Reese wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:

  Hum, unfortunately this looks like a different problem, it seems
to take a lot of cycles and I'm afraid there is something serious going
on and that can be only studied and fixed by debugging the generated
automata.
  reducing the expression and the input to provide a minimal automata
showing the problem is a good first step.

Place the following two lines in a file, and run testRegexp on it:

=>((a[0-9]+|b[0-9]+)c)
b12345678901234567890123

  thanks a lot of an even simpler test case, allowed me to nail it down
while in the train yesterday,

If you add more digits to the second line, it will slow down even
further at what looks like an exponential rate.

  yes, a serious problem when building regexp automata, I chased it yesterday
in the train, found and fixed it. I'm just surprized it didn't break way
more things, commited in revision 3705. I suggest rerunning your regression
tests if possible as this is really a core change, i think it's safe, but
need to be heavilly tested,

Daniel