Re: [xml] xmlReadMemory reading struct char pointer issue

Thanks for the pointers.

it was missing the null termination char - '\0' for ctxt->sdiResponse. After adding that this issue was resolved.

On 6/17/08, Ashwin <ashwins huawei com> wrote:

From: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Arthur Johnson
Sent: 2008
618 10:51
To: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] xmlReadMemory reading struct char pointer issue

>I changed the above xmlReadMemory call to the following line:

>doc = xmlRecoverMemory(ctxt->sdiResponse, strlen(ctxt->sdiResponse));

>It seems to load the XML but I get the following error:

You get NULL in with xmlReadMemory because the content being parsed is not well-formed, RecoverMemory tries to parse inspite of error.

>Entity: line 1: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document

This error happens if you have some content after the end of the root element, something like

<root>

<element1/>

<root/>

<element2>-----àExtra content at end of document