[xml] enabling zlib support in Stephane Bidoul's Python binding? (win32)

Hi all,

On win32, I’m interested in having the zlib support in libxml2 from Python.

Stephane Bidoul’s page says “All optional features are enabled, except zlib support and debugging.”.

( http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/ )

I wonder why, since it is so convenient to compress large XML files.

Also, is there some known workaround?

Thanks

JL

Ps: apologies if this was already posted, I did not find any answer on the Internet to my basic question.