[xml] regarding xml validation and parsing using SAX

Hi,

My apologies if this question has already been answered on this list. I am unable to find any relevant questions on this list.

My requirement is to validate and parse an xml document which myght be larger in size. So I prefered to do it using SAX method. For that I created my own xmlSAXHandler object and overriden few of the elements. When I pass this structure to the parser context (as, ctxtptr->sax=&my_handler), the document is not getting validated against the dtd. But if I didnt assigned my_handler object to the ctxtptr->sax, document is getting validated against the dtd.

Is there any way to do the validation and parsing the document with my xmlSAXHandler structure object in a single shot?

thanks in advance,
uma maheswara rao.