Re: [xml] can't find libxml/xmlmemory.h and libxml/parser.h files

Hi Daniel,

Yes. It was a wrong way to install. But I went ahead with it as I thought all I needed was .a file and header files. Thanks much to Callum Gibson, did some manual edits in the header files so that they all can see each other and also added -lxml2 -lz and -lm on the command line to link appropriate libraries. Didn't need libiconv to make it work.

It works ok now though I could have done without all the unnecessary steps. I guess the root of the problem was I couldn't figure a way to install the library in a custom folder. And the default folders were not accessible to me. Later searches of the configure script pointed to "make install exec_prefix=/foo" to install at a specified location.

Thank you very much...

regards,
Ravi

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 01:15:39PM -0700, Ravi Ryali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use libxml routines in my code to parse xml documents. I got
> the tarball from the site and ran configure and make commands. I didn't run
> all the commands.
>
> Then copied the generated libxml2.a file and /include/*.h files to  separate
> folders.

 Wrong way

 http://libvirt.org/FAQ.html#Compilatio

follow all the steps including 'make install'

Daniel

Daniel Veillard      | virtualization library  http://libvirt.org/
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine  http://rpmfind.net/