Re: [xml] static linking in VC++

oops, that had nothing to do with libxml, it was one of those "stupid" mistakes in my code. sorry.
Bjoern, thanks again :-)

On Jan 8, 2008 3:12 PM, ghosh < amarghosh gmail com> wrote:
thanks, that fixed it :)
but though i can run/debug the application from within visual studio, when i double click the exe file to run it from outside the VS, it crashes saying " Application.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."
any help on this would be much appreciated

On Jan 8, 2008 3:04 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi gmx net > wrote:
* ghosh wrote:
>first i linked dynamically (libxml2.lib) and it was all working well. but
>when i tried to link it statically (with libxml2_a.lib, iconv_a.lib,
>zlib.lib and libxslt_a.lib (though i am not using xslt)) i got unresolved
>external symbol error. do i need to include anymore lib files? if so where
>can i get them?
>can someone tell me where i went wrong or what i am missing?
>i am posting the error message here:
>1>libxml2_a.lib(nanohttp.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
>__imp__WSAGetLastError 0 referenced in function _socket_errno

These are in wsock32.lib which should be part of the Platform SDK.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern hoehrmann de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de