Re: [xml] xmllint loading remote DTDs instead of local

Andrew McFarland wrote:
I've found I get similar problems when I change the DOCTYPE to
reference the 4.4 DTD rather than the 4.5. Although I installed the
4.5 DTDs myself several months ago, using update-xmlcatalog, the 4.4
DTDs were installed through apt (I'm running Ubuntu), so I don't think
I screwed up when adding the 4.5 DTDs.

You didn't provide the test.xml, so I guessed:

<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Docbook XML V4.4//EN"

Loading this on a Debian Etch with DocBook 4.4, installed from
official Debian Package, it looks the same:

$ xmllint --noout --valid --nonet --load-trace test.xml
Loaded URL="test.xml" ID="(null)"
Loaded URL=""; ID="-//OASIS//DTD Docbook XML V4.4//EN"
Loaded URL="file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.4/dbnotnx.mod" ID="-//OASIS//ENTITIES DocBook 
Notations V4.4//EN"

The DTD isn't loaded from Server*, it's simply the URL provided in
test.xml that is mapped to a local file but not printed here.
(the URL must exactly match the one from catalog).

* I'm sure as I checked with strace that no connection is made

Cheers, Andy

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]