Re: [xml] xmlNodeDump looses data

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 04:59:36PM +0100, Petr Pajas wrote:
Hi Daniel, All,

one of the users of the Perl bindings reported a strange bug which I
was able to reduce to the attached very very simple "test.c"
program and a XML file "test2.xml".

The program parses the XML file into a tree, and then dumps the root
element using xmlNodeDump.

In the result, a complete text content of a text node within an
element <linkage> is missing.
[...]

  Bill started to dig the problem earlier today and we came up
with a patch (commited to SVN in revision 3695)
  This is a bad combination of buffer limits and saving to a string
when using predefined entities in text. Patch is rather simple actually.

The bug seems to me rather serious since it can have really bad
consequences for applications that use xmlNodeDump.

  Well apparently that function has been around at least since 2004 since
Bill already fixed a bug there a in Nov 2004. Surprizingly the bug seems
to have gonne unnoticed for years, apparently it's not that easy to trigger
but i will soon push a new release, maybe next week.

  Nahh that was just fine, patch enclosed, thanks a lot,

Daniel