Re: [xml] WG: xmlwriter function naming convention

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 03:16:09PM +0100, Mickautsch, Alfred wrote:
Sorry, I should have sent the mail to the list :-(.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mickautsch, Alfred
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Februar 2008 15:15
An: 'veillard redhat com'
Betreff: AW: [xml] xmlwriter function naming convention

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Februar 2008 13:13
An: Mickautsch, Alfred
Cc: xml gnome org
Betreff: Re: [xml] xmlwriter function naming convention

  yes, Flushing at the end of the EndDocument functions would make sense,
could you design such a patch ?

I attached a patchfile against libxml2 2.6.31, which adds the call to xmlTextWriterFlush at the end of
xmlTextWriterEndDocument.

  Okay, but then we should modify the function comment which states:

  * Returns the bytes written (may be 0 because of buffering) or -1 in case of error

Since we force the flush there '(may be 0 because of buffering)' should be
removed and I'm also adding that this call flushes the output in the
description.

  thanks !

Daniel