Re: [xml] Character reference encoding is slow

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:35:39PM +0200, Stefan Behnel wrote:
Salut Daniel!

Daniel Veillard wrote:
[loads of interesting results from the analysis of a pathological case]
  Anyway to make a long story short, I spent a few hours today
fixing the problem by adding support for a new kind of buffers avoiding
most of the memmoves needed when handling an encoding conversion
exception like those. Bill reported that your test now parses and
save in more or less the same time i.e. 7secs on one of his boxes.

Very cool, that sounds like a very good solution indeed!

  Except i should never do this kind of things on the day of a release,
i had ran the python regression tests on Friday, but not on Saturday
and the change crashes the serialization code for python :-(

Grab 2.7.0 !

I definitely will, and I'll make sure lxml supports it as well as 2.6.

  Well i guess 2.7.1 is due imminently, probably tomorrow

Thank you for the work you put into libxml2!

  I also sometime have the feeling I'm loosing a lot of time on it,
so thanks are welcome ! thank you !


Daniel Veillard      | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit
daniel veillard com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine | virtualization library

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]