Re: [xml] Advice on large file handling

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 03:41:32PM +0200, bagnacauda wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions.

One question, though: I just tried "xmllint --stream --schema" on a test
file where the opening and ending tags of an element do not match as follows
(the xsd file is attached):
[...]
xmllint --stream --schema test.xsd test.err.xml
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:28270
test.err.xml validates
test.err.xml : failed to parse

  Look at the code, you will find that the unimplemented block is
in the error handling function. Ho you got there but none of the
regression tests hit it is a mystery, make 100% sure you use the
most recent libxml2 version.

Schemas validity error : Element 'SourceAuthorityXYZ': This element is not
expected. Expected is ( SourceAuthority ).
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:28270
test.err.xml validates
test.err.xml : failed to parse

Something similar happens if I validate the file with xmlSchemaValidateFile
since it relies on xmlSchemaValidateStream just like the --stream option (if
I understand correctly).

  No i don't think so.

Daniel