Re: [xml] how to not save <?xml version="1.0">

On 25/08/2008, Boz <boz boz org uk> wrote:
2008/8/25 Steven é <huangxin52 hotmail com>:

I am a xml beginnner, and I am using libxml2 to edit some data for a system
 > configuration file which doesn't contain <?xml version="1.0">(all elements
 > in this xml are quite standard). Even Though adding this tag to the file has
 > no effect on anything, I still don't like to add it.

As per http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlsave.html#xmlSaveOption

 You can pass XML_SAVE_NO_DECL to prevent the xml declaration being output

This is what I was going to say too, but also note you should only use
unicode encodings (like the default, UTF-8) if you do this, as the
encoding declaration goes in the XML prologue as well, and libxml2
will happily omit it if instructed - even in cases where it's required
for a well-formed document.

There's some example code using XML_SAVE_NO_DECL in the message I sent
to the list just before this one.

Martin