Re: [xml] HTML parser and NULL bytes

Hi Ashwin,

I am not sure if I understand the scenario correctly, but in case you are trying to give a NULL byte as text content in xml, then i don't think any XML compliant parser will parse it, according to the XML draft this is invalid.

That is correct, and libxml2 correctly handles this case by printing an error message and terminating the parse.

However, libxml2 also has a HTML parser, and the HTML5 spec says that NULL bytes do not terminate the document (they are invalid, but you should just replace them with U+FFFD and keep going). Also, the libxml2 HTML parser does not even print an error in this case, it just stops.

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!
http://www.princexml.com