Re: [xml] win32 getaddrinfo

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 10:23:56AM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
Roumen Petrov wrote:
to quote the msdn documentation:

The freeaddrinfo function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP and
later.
[...]
When the Wspiapi.h include file is added, the freeaddrinfo function is
defined to the WspiapiFreeAddrInfo inline function in the Wspiapi.h file.

the question is how do you detect that
+ #include <Wspiapi.h> /* for getaddrinfo, freeaddrinfo */
is actually available ? What about older version, WinCE ...
I guess this need some expert review (I'm not one for any Win stuff !)

After a quick find over the WinCE SDK it looks like WinCE <= 5.0, and
Pocket PC 2003 only provide the ws2tcpip.h Header. This can be tested
with a CPP _WIN32_WCE switch.

Cheers, Andy