Re: [xml] win32 getaddrinfo

Roumen Petrov wrote:
Michael Stahl wrote:
libxml2 2.6.31 would not build for me on win32.
when linking, it complained about missing getadddrinfo and freeaddrinfo functions. because i have no clue when it comes to win32, i googled around, which yielded a msdn page that claimed that there are inline implementations of these functions in a certain header, resulting in the following patch.

regards,
michael stahl

Why <Wspiapi.h> ? Why with upper case letter ?
Why not ws2tcpip.h ?

Roumen

to quote the msdn documentation:

The freeaddrinfo function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP and later.
[...]
When the Wspiapi.h include file is added, the freeaddrinfo function is defined to the WspiapiFreeAddrInfo inline function in the Wspiapi.h file.

so, this header should work also on NT 5.0 (win 2000) and earlier; of course i have not tested that :)

re: uppercase:
are you telling me that msft's documentation does not even spell their headers correctly? note that i have no clue when it comes to win32, so i assumed they would at least get _that_ right...

michael

--
"You probably know that arrogance in computer science is measured in
 nano-Dijkstras." -- Alan Kay