From: Rob Richards [mailto:rrichards ctindustries net]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 4:13 PM
To: Agarwal, Saumya
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Creating DLL from libxml2 source

Hi Agarwal,

Agarwal, Saumya wrote:
Hi,

I am attempting to create a DLL for windows from libxml2 source using
the Visual C++ 6.0 IDE.

I get some compilation warnings - like variables being used without
being initialized and get the following linker errors -

Linking...
trio.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StrCopyMax
trio.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StrError
trio.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StrEqualCase
trio.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StrDuplicate
trio.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StrEqual
trio.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StrEqualMax
trio.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StrEqualLocale
trio.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _StrToDouble
Debug/LIBXML.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals Error
executing link.exe.

I have the strio.h include file added in the header files of the
project and these symbol definitions are present there. What else do I

need to do to get rid of these link errors?
What exactly are you compiling?

First off, using the current build system, it doesn't appear that trio
is built under windows, so you are probably the only one trying that
right now.
Secondly, strio.h hasn't existed in libxml2 since 2002, so now really
curious what you are using for source.

Rob