From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:47 PM
To: murulidhara
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] XML : PE reference outside DTD

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 12:46:14PM +0530, murulidhara wrote:

   Hi ,

   According to standard, PE reference must not occur outside DTD.

   Well-formedness constraint: In DTD

   Parameter-entity references MUST NOT appear outside the [1]DTD.

To do a Parameter-entity reference one use %name;
  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#dt-entref
  "[Definition: Parameter-entity references use percent-sign (%) and
   semicolon (;) as delimiters.]"

"Parameter-entity references MUST NOT appear outside the DTD."

%foo; is not a Parameter-entity reference in content:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#dt-entref
  "Outside the DTD, the % character has no special significance; thus, what
would be parameter entity references in the DTD are not recognized as markup
in content."

and

&foo; is not a Parameter-entity reference

so I didn't see a parameter entity reference in your document, but again
send a minimal one as attachement to make sure.

Daniel