[xml] change the property value (attribute)

Hi All,
I have set an attribute for an element as below and I have only the xmlNodePtr (pnode).

    xmlNodeSetContent(pnode, xvalue);
    // set the attribute for the parent
    xmlNewProp(pnode, (const xmlChar*)"apply", (const xmlChar*)"1");

How can I set the same attribute, apply=0 (instead of 1), with the xmlNodePtr.
I checked the api list, but it needs the xmlAttrPtr either for xmlFreeProp or xmlRemoveProp.

Please suggest me, how can i change the property value.

Thanks
Senthil