Re: [xml] libxml2 Solaris issue

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 01:33:02PM +0100, Petr Sumbera wrote:
Hi Daniel,

can I ask you for opinion about this:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2007-November/msg00003.html

After we have updated libxml2 from 2.6.10 to 2.6.23 in Solaris we are
running into serious problem. We will need to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks for your comment on this,

  Looks completely the wrong place to do this kind of changes.
You just can't hack every single entry point in the library which
may take a filename. What you need to understand and check is
why //foo/bar isn't recognized as a legal filename, as far as I can
tell xmlLoadExternalEntity() uses xmlNoNetExists() to see if the
resource is availble as a file, which uses xmlCheckFilename() that one
should just work, and in that case xmlCanonicPath() may need to be fixed
to solve your problem.

  But as-is the patch makes very little sense to me,

Daniel