Re: [xml] Using Doc Saving Context Options when dumping doc.

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 04:59:47PM -0400, Dan Ryan wrote:
Daniel,
My comments may have been misleading.

 no, I don't think so.

I wish to output a document that has been altered once loaded/parsed.
While the data was read from memory, parsed,
and stored into a document (xmlDocPtr), the
xmlDocDumpMemory or xmNodeDump functions
output the xmlDocPtr to a buffer.

 and they are the old functions to do so.

It does not appear that xmlSaveToBuffer provides
the same capability. xmlSaveToBuffer uses a buffer
as input, where I wish to used the updated xmlNodePtr.

  I said "read the functions in that module"
there are 10 functions in http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlsave.html
 one is xmlSaveDoc, another one xmlSaveTree

xmlSaveDoc uses a xmlSaveCtxtPtr and xmlDocPtr,
however the xmlSaveCtxtInit /New/Save functions
are not public API's that can be called directly to
create a Ctxt pointer with necessary options.

Suggestions?

 Reread my mail. Don't assume I misunderstood.
Forget about xmlDocDumpMemory and xmNodeDump they are the old
API and don't have limited capabilities, you are asking for more
and that's precisely why those new APIs were created !

Daniel