Re: [xml] patch for indenting comments/PIs in xmlsave

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> the status quo isn't really broken since 'indenting'
> cannot be perfect by definition

Of course. It could offer no indenting at all and not be 'broken' :) I wouldn't be heartbroken if this doesn't change, only trying to improve the "best case" scenario.

> on the other hand this can be considered though it doesn't work well in all cases.

It does have the inconsistency of having indented (single) and non-indented (multi) comments in the same document, although IMHO this is worth potentially avoiding the inconsistency between elements & comments seen in the original example.

Jason