Re: [xml] Program crashes at LIBXML_TEST_VERSION

Thanks Daniel for your kind reply. I want to know few things.

1) According to you "This looks specific to the package you installed and
your platform". I would like to know that if this problem is specific to package then can it be recovered by installing another package? If yes then which one you suggest?

2) Similarly you said, "I suggest checking with the technical support, I
doubt it's related to libxml2 itself". If this is the case then from where to get technical support? IBM(AIX) or providers of libxml2? If this problem is related to libxml2 itself then to whom this problem should be forwarded?

Dear Daniel, I am stuck at the moment as I have no option to switch to some other library, because I have just 3 days to complete my task. So in this situation a helping hand can do a lot. Hence kindly help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ahmad Jalil Qarshi

On 6/19/07, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com > wrote:
On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 04:28:16PM +0500, Ahmad Jalil Qarshi wrote:
> Please note that I am using libxml version 2.6.23 downloaded from GNOME
> website (http://gnome.bullfreeware.com/new_index.html). Operating system is
> AIX 5.2

  that's not GNOME website, it's a recompilation made by Bull.
I do not provide binaries for AIX, others are using libxml2 on AIX.

> Also note that I have developed a simple test application and its working
> fine. No crash at LIBXML_TEST_VERSION macro.
>
> This problem was observed while using libxml in a dll only.
[...]
> >Illegal instruction (illegal opcode) in . at 0x0 ($t1)
> >warning: Unable to access address 0x0 from core
> >(dbx) where
> >warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core
> >warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core
> >warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core
> >warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core
> >.() at 0x0

  For some reason execution jumped to address 0. This could be a
linker problem. This looks specific to the package you installed and
your platform, I suggest checking with the technical support, I
doubt it's related to libxml2 itself.

Daniel

Daniel Veillard      | virtualization library  http://libvirt.org/
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/