Re: [xml] how to read and parse an xml from socket?

Thanks a lot, Daniel.

For windows, HANDLE (and SOCKET) are defined as void *. Since the libxml2 takes fd (integer type) as its argument, I am using the following function to get fd from HANDLE:

int fd = _open_osfhandle((long)my_handle, O_RDONLY);

However, when I call libxml2 function such as:

xmlTextReaderPtr reader = xmlReaderForFd(fd, NULL, NULL, XML_PARSE_COMPACT); if (reader != NULL) {
       ret = xmlTextReaderRead(reader);

xmlTextReaderRead(reader) returns -1, and I got the following error;

I/O Error: Invalid argument
Entity:  line 1: parser error: Extra content at the end of document.

BTW, the XML string is valid and no extra  content at its end.

What is the problem? What to do to read xml from socket in windows?

Steve