Re: [xml] XPath 2.0 Support in libxml2/xsltproc

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 07:15:00PM -0500, Brad Smith wrote:
Hello,

First, forgive me if this gets asked a lot, but I've searched all over
and can't seem to find any prior references, which surprises me.

Looking at http://xmlsoft.org, it seems that libxslt2/xsltproc still
only supports XPath 1.0. Are there plans to add support for 2.0 in the
near future, or is there already a way to enable support? I keep
running into situations where it seems that 2.0 has a way to do what I
want, but 1.0 doesn't. =:(

Any help would be appreciated,

 Sorry, no support for 2.0 planned, the spec change is far too big and
intrusive. Look at the EXSLT extensions which are supported by libxslt
and xsltproc, they are likely to provide the needed extensions.

Daniel