Re: [xml] Man page suggestion

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 04:01:37PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
Am Freitag, den 09.02.2007, 09:10 -0500 schrieb Daniel Veillard:
On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 03:05:30PM +0100, Markus Hoenicka wrote:
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> was heard to say:

  ideally we should be able to generate exhaustive man pages from the
XML description, I just never managed to steal the time to write the
XSLT stylesheet which would do it (and I would need to learn troff too).

You could skip the latter if you use the XSLT stylesheet to generate DocBook
refentries from your XML description. DocBook XML can be transformed to man
pages with the official stylesheets.

  it lowers the geek factor and Norm's stylesheet are a bit scary, but sure
we are already already using them. Also I'm not sure Docbook is any faster
to learn than troff ;-)

I already offered my help some time ago, but didn't find time to realize
it. Maybe I can do this next week, if you don't have problems with that.

  I'm going in vacations mid-next week, but that should not block people
from contributing :-)

Daniel