[xml] Necessary steps involved in validating against an XSD?

Hello!

I have looked at the code in xmllint.c because I need only the part that validates a XML against a schema,
that is:
"xmllint --schema xsdfile.xsd xmlfile.xml"

Since I'm a Delphi programmer and I'm not too experienced with C I find the code in xmllint.c a bit confusing
however (and I cannot debug either).

I was hoping that maby some kind soul would outline the necessary steps involved for me in XSD validation
using LIBXML2? I'm using the latest version.

Regards,
Erik F. Andersen