[xml] Validating a Single Node

Would someone tell me how to validate a single xml node against aschema?  I think I want to use xmlSchemaValidateOneElement() butcan find any good examples.  I'm writing everything in C.

I have a schema from a third party and I want to validate each nodethat I create before adding it to the document.  I don't have aproblem validating a whole document, that works, it's only a singlenode.  So I think there's something wrong with how I create thenode for the second paramenter of xmlSchemaValidateOneElement(). Which libxml2 function should I use for creating the node?

Thanks,
--dhk