Re: [xml] [libxml2] RUNTEST.c

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 05:57:10PM +0200, Stadelmann Josef wrote:

   I  toke libxml2 sources from [1]http://svn.gnome.org/svn/libxml2/trunk
   own to Windows 2000 VS 6.0 compiled it within the IDE of VS 6.0

   libxml2.dll  /  .lib first, then all remaining diagnostic programs and
   utilities. Then I am doing the regression testing and run into some

   regressions-

   I  porting & testing RUNTEST.c regression on an OpenVMS and do testing
   as well on Windows 2000

   The regression error is with Windows 2000 and OpenVMS with RUNTEST.c

   File
   [2]http://svn.gnome.org/svn/libxml2/trunk/test/errors/attr4.xml
   has the following content

   <ROOT attr="XY"/>

  No there is an extra character in that attribute.

   RUNTEST.c     parses   the   file   and   then   dump  it's  doc  into
   ./attr4.xml_res

   this as

   "<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <ROOT attr="XY"/>
   "

  No it should fail. That an erro which was fixed recently. Make sure you're
actually using the proper code for the test suite.

paphio:~/XML -> xmllint test/errors/attr4.xml
test/errors/attr4.xml:1: parser error : invalid character in attribute value
<ROOT attr="XY"/>
              ^
test/errors/attr4.xml:1: parser error : attributes construct error
<ROOT attr="XY"/>
              ^
test/errors/attr4.xml:1: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag ROOT line 1
<ROOT attr="XY"/>
              ^
test/errors/attr4.xml:1: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
<ROOT attr="XY"/>
              ^
paphio:~/XML ->

Daniel