Re: [xml] Incorrect character callback invocation?

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 08:46:45PM +0530, Ashwin wrote:

>    Hi,

>    I  am  having  a problem with the parsing some documents which are not

>    well-formed.  The  parser seems to catch the error, but then strangely

>    instead  of stopping at that point and returning an error, it proceeds

>    to  invoke  the  character callback. I am not sure whether this is the

>    expected behaviour.

  I'm sure you have read the code of the parser handling entities and the

big warning in the docs about the use of SAX when handling documents with

user defined entities, am I right ?

  If that's the case you may have an explanation, or a patch :-)

Ok point taken, but setting aside user defined entities. Something like

<element attr1= >missing AttValue in Attribute</element>

also exhibits the same behaviour. Should it not return error, rather than the character callback being invoked?

Regards

Ashwin