Re: [xml] Static compiling

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 08:39:12PM -0400, Pierre-Luc Bacon wrote:
I can't get a program (ices2) that uses libxml2 to compile statically
with this library. It fails in "./configure" process exposing this in

nohttp.c:1050: warning: Using 'gethostbyname' in statically linked
applications requires at runtime the shared
 libraries from the glibc version used for linking

I tried building libxml2 with --disable-shared and it was doing the

  No idea, I always compile statically in my devel tree and never saw this
when linking xmllint statically for example. Check with your OS/distro
they must know about it.

Red Hat Virtualization group
Daniel Veillard      | virtualization library