[xml] Writing xmlNodePtrs out with xmlSaveTree

I have a couple of questions on writing out an XML element and its
children with xmlSaveTree:

First, is there any easy way to tell xmlSaveTree to write a line break
after completing a node - so that things get written out like

<foo>blah</foo>
<foo>bar</foo>

rather than

Or do I just need to write it myself - and if so, is there a simple way to
use the xmlSaveCtxtPtr to write the break?

Second:
Is there any way to force a given indention level, so that I can start
writing a document (i.e. write the xml, DOCTYPE, and root node), then
repeatedly call xmlSaveTree to write the sub-elements properly indented
within the root node?