[xml] libxml2 on zos.

I see that the configure scripts are set up to recognize zos as a platform for this library.  I've compiled it on zos 1.4 but it doesn't seem to be functional there.  Because the parser.c file has embedded literals for things like '<' and '>' and the source has been compiled on an ebcdic machine it fails to parse a utf8 document.
The only way I can think of to deal with this is to turn conversion of literals off in the compilation ... to see what happens.  I'll try that today, but in the meantime I'm curious if anyone out there is using this library on zos?
Your feed back would be appreciated.
wcn

Wendell Nichols
Tibco Mainframe Software Engineering