Re: [xml] Reading a file over network

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 10:27:00AM +0100, Giorgio Calderone <gcalderone neomedia it> wrote:
Sorry, i've been misleading.

In the documentation (for example in
http://www.xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-parser.html#xmlReadFile) there are several
functions that accepts an URL, giving me the idea that libxml can handle local
or remote files (through FTP or HTTP) trasparently.

  But then it's not Push mode, libxml2 keep the flow of control until parsing
is finished.

I'd like to create a SAX parser in push mode with the same facility, but I can't

  Either you collect the bits and push them, or you let libxml2 do it, but
there is no middle way.

Daniel