Re: [xml] Strange xpointer issue

I note one questionable spot in xpath.c - the #ifdef at line 7671
(current CVS) looks like it should be down two lines, i.e. don't include
XML_DOCUMENT_NODE within the condition.  Could you try changing that and
see if it alleviates the problem?

Bill

Michael Day wrote:
Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange XPointer issue with the following XInclude:

     <xi:include href="foo.html" xpointer="xpointer(//p)"/>

Normally this works perfectly. However, if I configure libxml2 and
specify --without-docbook, the XPointer no longer works:

     XInclude error : XPointer evaluation failed: #xpointer(//p)
     XInclude error : could not load foo.html, and no fallback was found

These are the configure options I am using:

If the --without-docbook option is removed, then the XPointer works. I'm
baffled as to why DocBook support would have any effect on XPointer
support, unless there is some underlying pointer bug or something that
is only being revealed when particular modules are not linked in.

There are some checks for DocBook support in xpath.c and xpointer.c, but
they only add the DocBook document node type to switch statements, so
they seem fairly safe.

Best regards,

Michael

--