Re: [xml] Compile error libxml2 2.6.24

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 08:50:29PM +0100, Graham Bennett wrote:
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:08:26PM +0200, Trond Hasle Amundsen wrote:

Hi,

Your newest release has an error in it. When compiling on non-Linux
systems using the OS's native compiler, we get this error:

 cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I./include -I./include -D_REENTRANT -I/local/include -g -c relaxng.c
-KPIC -DPIC -o .libs/relaxng.o
"relaxng.c", line 7397: operands have incompatible types:
         pointer to unsigned char ":" pointer to char
cc: acomp failed for relaxng.c

I've tested on Solaris 8 (sparc), Solaris 10 (i386) and HP-UX 11.23
(Intel Itanium). Same compile error. The following patch fixes this,
but is probably not what you want for a real fix, since it reverts the
function call to that of the previous libxml2 release:

Hi,

I had the same problem on solaris, and was about to submit the attached
patch.  I think it fixes the problem without changing the intent of the
code.

  Bill told me he already commited your patch to CVS, thanks :-)

Daniel

P.S.: I'm currently on vacations, do don't try to rely too much on quick answers
      from me :-)