Re: [xml] Constructing Regular Expression in libxml

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 10:05:12AM +0100, srivatsan s wrote:
  I want to know whether there is any way to construct a regular expression out of the schema (xsd) file .

  basically no. If you have a pointer to solid litterature showing this
is even possible (attributes ? content ?) please pass the pointer
but in general I just think your request makes little sense.

  some thing like this
  <xs:element name="parent">
       <xs:complexType>
           <xs:sequence>
                 <xs:element name ="child1"/>
          </xs:sequence>
     </xs:sequence.>
  </xs:element>

  libxml compiles to element content to automatas, not to regexps,
those automatas have counters.
they don't have a regexp serialization form in general, that might be
doable, it may as well been unreadable (e.g. xs:all), and I don't see how
you would express rules about attributes, content, and namespaces.

Daniel