[xml] Exception running xpath2

Hi,

I am using libxml2 for the first time. I downloaded the binaries and library for Windows and started with compiling and running the samples for Xpath. Xpath1 worked fine but when I run xpath2, the xmlDocDump API call inside example4() throws an exception with the message “Unhandled exception in xpath2.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation”. I had passed the arguments as “test2.xml /doc/dest xyz” (to rename the element /doc/dest as xyz in file test2.xml). I tried changing the output file pointer (from stdout) but it didn’t help. Here are some details:

Platform – Win XP (SP2)

Libxml2 version – latest (2.6.23)

Library used for compiling sample – libxml2.lib

Can anybody please tell me what’s going wrong? Thanks in advance.

Pinaki